Date: November 23, 2020
1. OUR STATEMENT OF PRIVACY PRACTICE 4
3. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION 5
4. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION 7
5. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION 10
12. APPLICABLE LAWS, AUTHORITIES AND JURISDICTION 14
For reference and clarity, terms: “We”, “Us”, “Our”, “Company”, “Website” “Platform” or “Intents Mobi” used in this document will be references to the Platform and terms “You” or “Your” will refer to users of the Platform.
It should also be noted that Our Platform may host links or references to other websites or applications; these website/apps are governed by their respective privacy policies and Intents Mobi does not assume any responsibility for the privacy/security provided by these websites/apps.
OUR STATEMENT OF PRIVACY PRACTICE
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- The information Intents Mobi collects in online mode or any basic information provided by You over the phone which may include Your name, address, email ID, contact number or any other relevant information. Further, You provide Your consent to let us use Your email ID and mobile number for sending any promotional/informational messages. When You create an account on Our Platform, You provide Us with personal information that includes Your name and a password. You can also choose to add a phone number to Your account. Even if You aren’t signed in to Your account, You might choose to provide Us with information like an email address to receive updates about Our services.
- We collect information about the apps, sensors, browsers, and devices You use to access Our Services, which helps us provide features like audible alerts for road conditions, incidents, routing, traffic alerts and more. These sensors include but are not limited to camera, gallery, accelerometers, GPS, proximity sensors, ambient light sensors, altitude sensors, temperature sensors, orientation sensors etc.
- The information We collect usually includes but is not limited to speed of the vehicle, acceleration of the vehicle, deceleration of the vehicle, heading, unique identifiers, device type and settings, operating system, mobile network information including carrier name and phone number, application version number etc. The information submitted for Points of Interest, Addresses of Interests, and other tasks performed on the app take data such as photograph, GPS location, Short and Long range RF patterns.
- We collect information about Your activity in Our Services. The activity information we collect may include an activity such as driving, riding a bike, riding a cycle and the like
- When and if You download and/or use Our Platform through Your device, We may receive information about Your location and Your device, including a unique identifier number for Your device, device model, operating systems, versions, software, file names, advertisement identifiers and mobile network information. We may use this information to provide You with location-based Services including but not limited to search results and other personalized content. When You use the Platform through the telecommunication device, We collect Your location data. If You permit the Platform to access Your location through the permission system used by Your mobile operating system, We may also collect the precise location of Your device when the Platform is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive Your approximate location from Your IP address. Your location can be determined with varying degrees of accuracy by:
- IP address
- Sensor data from Your device
- Information about things near Your device, such as Wi-Fi access points, cell towers, and Bluetooth-enabled devices
- The types of location data we collect depend on Your device and account settings. For example, You can turn Your Android device’s location on or off using the device’s settings app. In some circumstances, Intents Mobi also collects information about You from publicly accessible sources. We may also collect information about You from trusted partners, including marketing partners who provide us with information about potential customers of Our business services, and security partners who provide us with information to protect against abuse. We also receive information from advertisers to provide advertising and research services on their behalf. We use various technologies to collect and store information, including cookies, tags, local storage, such as browser web storage or application data caches, databases, and server logs.
- When You visit the Platform, We may collect certain non-personal information such as Your internet protocol address, operating system, browser type, internet service provider, aggregate user data, browser type, software and hardware attributes, pages You request, number of click, search history and result selected, active seconds or minutes on the Platform, frequency of Your visit to the Platform, the date and time of Your visit to Platform or use of the Services and cookie information, crash reports etc. This type of information does not identify You personally.
- When You send emails or other communications to Us, We may retain those communications in order to process Your inquiries, respond to Your requests and improve Our Services.
- We may receive information about You from third parties, such as other users, partners or Our affiliated companies or if You use any of the other websites/apps We operate or the other services we provide, if any.
- On receiving personal information about Our users, You no longer remain anonymous to Us. We may use this information to do internal research on Our demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve You better. This information is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis and in a manner that does not personally identify You. We indicate fields that are mandatorily required to be filled and fields that are optional. You may decide whether or not to provide such information to Us.
- You may choose not to provide us with any personal information or information as required to complete Your task on Our Platform.
- For certain features, We will need access to Your address book on Your device. If You permit Us to access Your address book, We may access and store names and contact information from Your address book to facilitate certain service features on the Platform.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The information collected by Us through Our Platform maybe used inter alia for the following purposes:
- To allow You to use Services on the Platform and to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts between You and Us.
- For internal record keeping of the Company;
- To improve Our Services;
- To improve Your usage of the Platform etc
- To respond to Your comments, reviews and questions, provide customer support and better Services;
- To communicate important notices or changes to the Services provided by Company on the Platform, use of the Platform and the terms/policies which govern the relationship between You and the Company;
- For internal purposes of the Company such as enhancing security of the Platform, auditing, testing, troubleshooting, data analysis and research conducted either indirectly/directly by Company;
- For promotion and marketing purposes by Company. You can control what information We use to show You ads by visiting Your ad settings. We don’t show You personalized ads based on sensitive categories, such as race, religion, sexual orientation, or health. We don’t share information that personally identifies You with advertisers, such as Your name or email, unless You ask us to. [
For example, if You see an ad for a nearby flower shop and select the “tap to call” button, we’ll connect Your call and may share Your phone number with the flower shop;
- For collating Your feedback, doing surveys and conducting research on Our user base for usage and improvement of Services;
- For any other purposes with Your consent.
- From time to time, we may use Your information to customize, develop, improve the Platform according to Your interests. We may also use the information We collect in existing services to help us develop new ones.
- We may use Your personal information to resolve disputes that may arise with the use of Our services on the Platform, help promote a safe service to You on the Platform, measure consumer interest in Our services, customize Your experience, detect and protect Us against error, fraud and other illegal activity, enforce Our terms and conditions.
- We identify and use Your IP address. Device ID to help diagnose problems with Our server, and to administer Our Platform. Your IP address/ device ID is also used to help identify You and to gather broad demographic information.
- We use Your information to deliver Our services and help us determine a lot of aspects of mapping and GIS (Geographic information system) of the country. Some of the analysis may include but is not limited to:
- Traffic on various roads at any given point of time
- Road conditions
- Location of potholes and speed breakers
- Presence of street lights
- Width of roads
- Type of roads
- Type of vehicles that can run on a road
- Driver behaviour
- Location of various places in the country
- Heat map of density of users in different locations
- For any other purposes in relation to the points above with Your consent.
- We may use information We collect, like Your email address, to interact with You directly. For example, We may send You a notification if We detect suspicious activity, like an attempt to sign in to Your account from an unusual location. Or we may let You know about upcoming changes or improvements to Our services. And if You contact Us, we’ll keep a record of Your request in order to help solve any issues You might be facing.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We share Your information with third parties and third party service providers, promotion and marketing partners, consultants, research firms, business partners including merchants, vendors, for supporting Our business, to carry out Your service requests and fulfil such service requests.
- We use Your information for analytics and measurement to understand how Our Services are used. Further, we also use Your information about the ads You interact with to help advertisers understand the performance of their ad campaigns. We sell this information to various organisations involved in transportation and mobility. Some of the common example of this are (not in limitation):
- Mapping companies get traffic information.
- Road construction companies get information about the condition of roads.
- User get information on road conditions, routing, places to visit etc..
- Automotive companies get driving behaviour of the users post normalisation.
- Insurance companies may get driving behaviour of individual users subject to explicit permission from Your side.
- Company may need to disclose Your information, to (i) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company, including to enforce Our agreements, policies, and terms and conditions and; (ii) protect the personal safety of You, the Company, its members and employees, or any person, in an emergency; and (iv) protect Company from incurring any legal liability. In such an event Company shall be under no obligation to specifically inform You or seek Your approval or consent.
- Any content or personal information that You share or upload on any current or future publicly viewable portion of the Platform (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, etc.) will be publicly available, and can be viewed by others.
- We do not disclose personal information about identifiable individuals to advertisers, but We may provide them with aggregate and/or anonymised information about You and other registered users to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the information We have collected from You to enable Us to comply with Our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- You acknowledge, represent and warrant that all information disclosed by You shall be deemed to be disclosed willingly and without any coercion. No liability pertaining to the authenticity/genuineness/ misrepresentation/ fraud/negligence, etc. of the information disclosed shall lie on the Company nor will the Company in any way be responsible to verify any information obtained from You.
- You also represent and warrant that any and all information, including but not limited to Your personal information is absolutely correct and complete in all aspects. You further undertake to immediately update any change or variation of Your Personal Information on the Platform by sending Us a request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org to rectify or update Your account. Once You send us an email to Us, You agree to comply with the instructions as may be provided/communicated by Us.
- You may choose to withdraw Your consent provided hereunder at any point in time. Such withdrawal of the consent must be sent in writing to email@example.com. In case You do not provide or later withdraw Your consent, We reserve the option to not allow You or to restrict Your access to the Services available on the Platform for which the said information was sought on the Platform. However, if You are a part of any on-going survey on the Platform, We reserve the right to retain all YOur information until completion of the same. Further, You acknowledge and agree that in case of such withdrawal of Your consent, the Company reserves the right to store Your information in an anonymised form such that the information stored will not be attributable to You or identify You in any manner whatsoever. The Company shall complete the anonymizing the data within 30 days from the date of withdrawal of Your consent.
- All information is saved and stored on servers, which are secured with passwords and pins to ensure no unauthorised person has access to it. Once Your information is in Our possession We adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access. Company shall take reasonable steps to help protect Your rights of privacy and Your information (personal or otherwise) in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of such information, in compliance with the applicable laws.
- You expressly consent to the sharing of Your information with third party service providers, including vendors, merchants, insurance agents and insurers, promotion and marketing partners, consultants, research firms, business partners, financial service providers, payment gateways etc.
- We have put in place reasonable security practices as per Rule 8 of Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 read with Information Technology Act, 2008. Impeccable controls and security measures are in place as desired.
- Company assumes no liability or responsibility for disclosure of Your information due to any reason, including but not limited to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond its control. Although we shall try Our best to protect Your data we cannot take any guarantee for the security of Your data transmitted through the Platform. You play an important role in keeping Your personal information secure. You shall not share Your user name, password, or other security information for Your account with anyone.
- You agree to not hold Us accountable for any losses such as financial, legal, operational, or any direct or indirect losses borne by You, under the provisions Section 43, 43A and 45 of the Information Technology Act, 2008, as well as any other Indian law in force at the time. Further, You are in agreement that Our management will, in no way, be responsible for any criminal liabilities arising out of cyber-crimes/attacks under the Information Technology Act, 2008 with regard to Your information, since You have acknowledged that we are in compliance with the prerequisites and obligations of the Information Technology Act, 2008, along with all its rules, sections, sub-sections and amendments.
If the Platform permits You, You may provide Your feedback, reviews, comments, etc. on the Platform on Your use of the Platform on any portion of the Platform that is publicly viewable (“Posts”). In such an event, (i) Your Posts shall have to comply with the conditions relating to Posts as mentioned by Us and applicable law; and (ii) the Company shall have an unconditional right to remove and delete any Post or such part of the Post that, in the sole opinion of the Company, does not comply with the conditions mentioned by Us or applicable law. All Posts shall be publicly accessible and visible to all users of the Platform. Company reserves the right to use, reproduce and share such Posts for any purpose at its discretion. If You delete Your Posts from the Platform, copies of such Posts may remain viewable in archived pages, or such Posts may have been copied or stored by other users.
We provide all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from Us on behalf of Our partners, and from Us in general, after providing Us with personal information. If You want to remove Your contact information from all lists and newsletters, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “Opt-Out”. If You opt out, the Company may still send You non-promotional emails/communications, such as emails/communications with respect to the Platform and Your account.
- In case of any dissatisfaction in relation to the Platform, You shall first file a formal complaint with the customer service of the Company, prior to pursuing any other recourse. The complaints can be lodged at email@example.com, and upon lodging a complaint You agree to provide complete support to the customer service team with such reasonable information as may be sought by them from You. The decision of the Company on the complaints shall be final and You agree to be bound by the same.
APPLICABLE LAWS, AUTHORITIES AND JURISDICTION